Loving God Holy

Friday, February 17, 2006

Mt. 3:13-17 The Baptism of Jesus

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

How exciting this is! I have found on Bible.org John the Baptist and Jesus Matthew, 3:1-17. This gives us a verse by verse insight into this Bible section.

Also, I would like to mention and invite you to their forum. Do you have questions, topics of concern or curiosity, or would you just like to see what other Christians are saying and thinking? Bible.org offers a forum for you! You will have to register, but it only takes a minute. (No, you do not have to write big long stories. lol.) Try it out. I enjoy it.

The Baptism of Jesus
3:13-17--Mk 1:9-11; Lk 3:21,22; Jn 1:31-34

13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?"

15Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love, with Him I am well pleased."
If only God would say those words to me! Everything I have been through, every trial, every tribulation, every sorrow, would not compare with the joy!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Whose name is Wonderful Counselor, Mighty King, the Almighty; please hear my plea. I am so small and crushed. I am full of fear. My enemies, they surround me. They lay in wait for me. No one else can protect me. But You are my Rock, I shall not be shaken.

Please lead me on the narrow path You have set before me. Strengthen me, O LORD, so that I do not fall. Lift me up, O God, and hide me underneath Your wing. I love You so much.
In Jesus' Precious name I pray. Amen.