Loving God Holy

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mt. 5:38-42 "An Eye for an Eye"

Sermon on the Mount

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

This is the eighth section of The Sermon on the Mount. The title of this section is An Eye for an Eye. I need to read this one more often. (lol) Have a blessed day.

An Eye for an Eye

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one wants to borrow from you.
I must be honest. I have a hard time applying this one here and now! I have been through the eye for eye, turning the other cheek, and it did not work. It only escalated the abuse. I'm sorry, but I cannot. Please forgive me, Jesus. I cannot.