Loving God Holy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Gen. 1:26--2:3 Let Us Make Man In Our Image

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in Our image, in Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. 27So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so. 31 God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. 2 1Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. 2By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work. 3And God blessed the seventh day and made it Holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done.
The underlining is the same as the underlining I have in my Bible. I have underlined 2 places in this passage. The first place I underlined is where I noticed a difference in how God stated that His work was good. When He created mankind, He declared it was VERY good! The other place I underlined was to become one of the 10 Commandments. (Remember the Sabbath, and to keep it Holy.) Did God want us to stop work because He did? NO. He wanted us to remember and reflect upon Him and His creation. At least that is my understanding. I may not be explaining it exactly the right way, so if you would help me I would appreciate it. lol. I also notice this is almost like a summary, because then He goes into details. Sort of like an overview. Let us find what kind of adventure we will travel, eh? Have a good night. PS. Sorry for the shortness. I am feeling sad. Thank you, Rosemary. I have been watching the news about the miners. Well, I've been listening on the radio. I don't generally watch TV. It is indeed a very sad situation. Please keep praying for a miracle. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16 NIV